31 January 2014

What I Read: January 2014


I had a great start in the new reading year. Here are the books I read this month:

Divergent by Veronica Roth

Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books (2011)
Format: kindle e-book
ASIN: B004CFA9RS

I finally caved and jumped the bandwagon.  I needed to see what the hype is all about and didn't regret it.




4 out of 5 ships! Unputdownable.


Amira im Brautzelt by Salim Alafenisch [German Original]

Publisher: Ravensburger (1998)
Format: Hardcover, 160 pages
ISBN: 3473342610

My grandparents lent me this children's book a long, long time ago, and I just rediscovered it on my shelves.




2 out of 5 stars! It did not really grab me at all. 


Insurgent (Divergent #2) by Veronica Roth

Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books (2012)
Format: kindle e-book
ASIN: B00655U3WE

Downloaded the second book in the series right after finishing the first one.





3 out of 5 stars! Still a very enthralling read, just not as much as Divergent. Excited to see what Allegiant will bring.



Karoo Boy by Troy Blacklaws

Publisher: Mariner Books (2005)
Format: Paperback, 196 pages
ISBN-13: 9780156030656

Received as a gift from my parents after my first trip to Namibia (for Christmas 2012, I believe).




5 out of 5 stars! Never have I seen such vivid, stunning imagery in any work of literature. If you aren't in love with Africa already, you will be after reading this. So many beautiful and flawed characters. Will read again!

No comments:

Post a Comment