26 January 2013

Liebster Blog Award


Thank your Liebster Award presenter and link back to them in your own post.

Thank you Monika from Welcome to the World of Monika for nominating me for this award, despite the fact that I had only a single post up and zero followers at the time. :) You can read Monika's nomination post here and naturally you need to follow her blog as well, because it is quite fantastic!

Answer the 11 questions given to you by your presenter

1. What is your favorite food?

I am not a very picky eater and I love a great variety of foods. If I could wish for one dish to magically appear in front of me right now I would have a hard time deciding between Oma's rice pudding, Mama's millet crêpes, and any of Papa's pasta dishes.

2. What is your favorite band?

I cannot pick one. I have recently seen live The Tallest Man on Earth, Two Door Cinema Club and Dan Mangan. I also love Kings of Convenience, The Red Hot Chili Peppers, Florence + The Machine, Iron & Wine, The Kooks, Mumford & Sons, Fleet Foxes, First Aid Kit, City and Colour, Regina Spektor, and so many more. My all time favorite song is 'Where is my Mind' by the Pixies.

3. If you can’t answer that question because you have too many, then what is your favorite genre of music?

I am an alternative-acoustic-folksy kinda girl, but I can pretty much fall for any song regardless of its genre.

4. Have you ever dog-eared a book in your life? Be honest, now.

I have. Accidentally, I promise! I could never hurt a book like that on purpose. 

5. Have you ever really HATED someone? As in, not that person annoys me, but I REALLY hate that person?

No. Hate is a very strong feeling and so far, no one has ever given me a reason to hate them. I might have said that I 'hate' someone in a moment of anger or frustration, which is bad and which is a thing that I am making an effort not to use. Kayley Hyde made a great video on this topic a while ago. Watch it!

6. Peanut butter: Do you like crunchy or creamy better? (if you’re allergic, please don’t be offended by this question)

Probably crunchy.

7. Has there ever been a book you didn’t want to read or didn’t think about reading but then you saw the movie and decided to read it? If so, which book&movie?

I am usually pretty strict about reading the book before watching the movie. So if there is a movie that I really want to watch I will make sure to read the book first. Most recent example: The Perks of Being a Wallflower. I pretty much read it in one sitting so that I would be able to go to the premiere of the movie. I loved the book, but still haven't watched the movie. It will happen, though. I am confident!

8. Which do you prefer: Barnes and Noble.com or Amazon.com?

I am definitely an Amazon kinda girl. No doubt. Does Barnes and Noble even ship to Canada? Who knows ... Also, if you love worldwide free shipping check out The Book Depository!

9. How long have you been reading? Since High School, Middle School, or before you can remember (or other specified time frame)?

Books were a significant part of my childhood. Ever since I can remember I was read to and soon was eager to learn how to read myself. My mum always tells me that when I first started school I got really upset when I still wasn't able to read by fall break. So my parents taught me during the break and I became a book lover. I read for myself and to my friends that couldn't read yet.

10. Do you have a favorite TV show or Movie?

Not really a movie/TV girl. Gilmore Girls, the O.C. and House are my all time favourites. I could keep re-watching these shows over and over again. I also watch Gossip Girl and Modern Family sometimes.

11. The Vampire Academy (by Richelle Mead): Dimitri or Adrian?

Haven't read it.


State 11 random facts about yourself


  • I was born and raised in Germany and lived in the same house all my life until moving out at 19
  • The little scar on my right cheek is a result of being born by cesarean section
  • I have known my best friend ever since I was one year old
  • Although I am technically (and biologically) an only child, I love my little brother like no one else
  • I am 172 centimetres - or 5 foot and 6 inches - tall
  • Although, neither of my parents speak Dutch, I grew up bilingually, speaking German and Dutch. Since then I have learnt to speak English (obviously), and have gained some basic knowledge of Spanish, French and Latin.
  • The only pet I ever owned was an overly lazy hamster
  • I survived the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (with a diploma)
  • I am now studying abroad in Vancouver, Canada.I am a communication major, minoring in publishing.
  • My room can get quite messy sometimes, but my computer and my bookshelf are highly organized places.
  • There is not much that I dislike quite as strongly as coming up with random facts about myself


Create 11 questions for your nominees

  1. When did you first start blogging and what motivated you to do so?
  2. How is your book shelf organized?
  3. Chain bookstore, indie bookstore, online or thrift store: where do you buy your books?
  4. Do you write in/highlight your books or do you keep them clean?
  5. Which do you consider the best read from your high school English classes?
  6. Do you own an e-reader?
  7. Judge a book by its cover: yes or no?
  8. What is your favourite genre of books?
  9. Do you ever skip ahead when reading (e.g. read the last page or sentence of a book)?
  10. What do you use as a bookmark?
  11. Is there a book everyone should read at least once in their lifetime? If so, which one?


Present the Liebster Award to 11 bloggers who you think deserve the award with under 200 followers and leave a comment on their blog telling them that you nominated them.

I nominate:

Copy and Paste the award on your blog



7 comments:

  1. Congrats for your award!!!
    Have a good week!

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats! would you like to follow each other? let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the follow on bloglovin.^^
    Follow you back on bloglovin #2.
    Hope you visit my blog again.;)
    Lovely greets from germany...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow! :) Greetings from a German in Canada ♥

      Delete